Saturday, October 13, 2007

Friday Night Class


What a hellish experience, trying to teach last night. For a $90k+ degree, some of these Young Americans don’t seem to give a rat’s ass. Most of them want to learn, but as for some of them, I can not say. I am incorporating coursework via Moodle, which takes some time and effort. Will it make learning easier? I suppose we will see. It leaves me less time for my art, at this stage of the game.

This morning at IHOP, I sat across from a woman having breakfast with Irani Pres Ahmadinejad. I recognized her from the front-page photograph in the Sunday paper. Said photo accompanied an article headlined, TOUGH NEW DUI LAWS TAKE EFFECT, or words to that effect. She was wearing the same flimsy maroon halter, and the very same hair and face. Marvelous, how images from massMedia sneak up on your hypnogogic hallucinations.

Don Markstein’s TOONOPEDIA.COM is undergoing its grand renovation as I write. Don does not care for beans or nihilism.

CatfishRushdie.com is meandering its way to a new look, but I don’t know when it will re-launch.

No comments: